Steamed Beef with Japanese Mustard Spinach
|Beef rib (sliced)||200g|
|Egg white||1 egg’s worth|
|Potato starch||1 tablespoon|
|Japanese mustard spinach||1 bunch|
|Sake (alcohol)||3 tablespoons|
|Sugar and pepper||Small amount|
|Shredded ginger||1 tablespoon||[A]|
|Shredded spring onion||2 tablespoons||[A]|
- Finely cut the beef rib and mix together with [A]. Next, add the egg white and 2 tablespoons of water; then, mix again and sprinkle over the potato starch.
- Thoroughly remove the water from the canned corn, sprinkle over 4 tablespoons of potato starch and then mix together.
- Roll up (1) to the size of a walnut, cover with (2) and then place on a greased dish. Put in a steamer and then steam for approximately 8 minutes on a high heat.
- Remove the water from the Japanese mustard spinach and cut into chunks. Add 3 tablespoons of oil to a wok. Stir-fry until soft. Then, add 3 tablespoons of sake (alcohol) and a small amount of salt. Use a sieve to remove the water.
- Add the mashed soup ingredients, water (1 cup), sake (3 tablespoons), pepper and sugar (small amount) to a small pot. Next, put in 1 teaspoon of potato starch and boil until thick.
- Dish up (3) and (4) and then pour over (5).
● If you cover the corn with potato starch, it will stick to the meat easier.
● By steaming, the meat will become tender and match the aroma of the corn for a delicious meal.
● You will bring out the color and whet the appetite by covering with the sauce.