Boiled Sponge Gourd and Beef
材料 （4 人前）
|Boned beef rib||400g|
|Konjac (solidified jelly)||1|
|Dried shiitake mushroom||8|
|White spring onion||1|
|Sake (alcohol)||4 tablespoons|
|Mirin (sweet rice wine)||3 tablespoons|
|Soy sauce||7 tablespoons|
|Light-brown miso||3 tablespoons|
|Sesame oil||Small amount|
|Monosodium glutamate||Small amount|
|Wheat flour||Small amount|
- Roughly mince the boned beef rib.
- Finely chop the white spring onion and perilla.
- Put the light-brown miso, sesame oil, egg, wheat flour and soy sauce (2 tablespoons) into (1) and (2) and thoroughly mix all together.
- Gouge out the center of the sponge gourd and stuff with (3).
- Cut the great burdock to around 5cm and wash in vinegar water for about 5 minutes.
- Peel the carrot and cut into bite-sized pieces. Next, boil in water with salt. Then, also boil the snow peas.
- Reconstitute the dried shiitake mushrooms and remove their stems. Then, slice in two.
- Cut the konjac (solidified jelly) into bite-sized pieces with a spoon, sprinkle over some salt and then boil for around 5 minutes in hot water.
- Put (4), (5), (6), (7) and (8) into the soup stock and then boil while skimming the scum. Pour in the sake (alcohol), mirin (sweet rice wine), sugar and soy sauce to adjust the flavor and thoroughly boil.
● Shut the lid directly resting on the food and slowly boil over a period of time.
● The sponge gourd is packed with the beef in the center, so it is easiest to cook if these are neither too small nor too big.